Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ashley

I learned at a young age that good friends are hard to come by,
The kid of friend that when you are sad they sit with you and cry,
She is always there to catch me every time I fall,
She makes me feel just like her, like I'm almost 6 feet tall,
I know she's always there when she feels I need protected,
The kind of person you know right away deserves to be respected,
We laugh and talk about everything and nothing at the same time,
Even though she probably gets annoyed she always listens to me whine,
When I was sick in the hospital you sat with me all night,
You make me feel like a good person, even though I'm not sure you're right,
Even when my world seems so very dark and gray,
You are always there to help wipe my tears away,
It's extremely clear to me that I have the best friend on earth,
She is truly my sister, even though it's not from birth,
Some days I feel heavy like my shoes are full of sand,
You will have me jumping and skipping just by taking my hand,
Life has given me hard times sometimes I feel like I can't cope,
How do you always know what to say to always refill my hope,
Lots of times life gets me down everyone knows this is true,
I feel so lucky cause I look up and there I always find you,
I don't know exactly why God blessed me with such a wonderful friend,
I know one thing for certain our friendship will never end,
I say a prayer for you every single day,
I know your friendship is a debt that I can never re-pay.



This is for my best friend Ashley. She is my biggest supporter. She helps me so much and I don't know what I would do without her. I am so blessed!

1 comments:

Monique said...

That is so beautiful! I love it! There's 3 kinds of friends: one will bail you out; one will be a co-defendant; one will be your alibi.

I'm thinking she's the latter of them!